We bookworms( like every other people) are always freaking out: about books we haven’t read, about books we read.. I can’t believe that half of 2019 has gone by..How? Anyhow, here I am with my first Mid Year Freak Out Tag, thanks to Nandini @ Unputdownable Books !!!
Click here to find the original Tag questions1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
5. Biggest disappointment
6. Biggest surprise
7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you)
8. Newest fictional crush
9. Newest favorite character
10. Book that made you cry
11. Book that made you happy
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
13.What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
14. Favorite book community member
1. How many books have you read so far in 2019?
I’ve managed to read about 72 books according to Goodreads, which also tells me I’m 17 books ahead of schedule! I’ve set my goal to 100 books but I think I’ll pass that goal soon enough. I don’t always update my reading progress on Goodreads so I’ve already missed adding a couple of books. I’ve participated in two readathons so far and that’s exactly why I managed to read more than I usually would’ve.
2. Which is the best book you’ve read so far in 2019?
3. Which is the best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019?
Soul of the Sword is the best sequel I’ve read so far this year. Also, I want to mention The Winter of the Witch -which is a sequel of sorts(I guess- which I LOVED so much and bawled because I realized that the Winternight trilogy is over.
4. Which new release you haven’t read yet, but want to?
As a newly minted Brigid Kemmerer fan, I want to read more of her books and this newly released YA contemporary sounds like something I’d tremendously enjoy 😀
5. Which is your most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
I’ve written a separate post about some of my most anticipated books of the second half of 2019 and they’re listed here
6. Which book has been the biggest disappointment so far in 2019?
*Sighs* I’ve dnf’d many books, gave some one stars, but what hurts is giving one star to a book I genuinely thought I’d love because it was by one of my favourite authors. Also, included in this list would be The Beholder.
7. Which book has been the biggest surprise so far in 2019?
Emily Eternal by M.G. Wheaton is one of the best books I’ve read this year. It surprised me because I don’t usually find sci-fi books enjoyable but I HIGHLY recommend you read this one! It’s about Emily who’s an Artifical Consciousness( not an A.I.), designed to save humanity from extinction.
8. Who is your new favourite author (debut or new to you)?
Beth O’Leary, author of The Flatshare, is my new favourite author. There’s also Danielle Jensen, who wrote Dark Shores, Delia Owen of Where the Crawdads Sing, Brigid Kemmerer and Joan He (Descendant of the Crane)
9. Who is your newest favorite character(and literary crush)?
Harper and Mia from A Curse so Dark and Lonely and Where the Crawdads Sing respectively! One of my favourite literary crushes is Reid Diggory from Serpent and Dove 😍😍
10. Which book made you cry so far in 2019?
11. Which book made you happy so far in 2019?
There are many books that made me laugh- sometimes so violently that everyone would stare at me- but I can only remember Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett which brought a smile to my face at almost every chapter.
12. Which is the most beautiful book you’ve bought so far in 2019 (or received)?
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson is one of the beautiful books I’ve received this year. Enchantment of Ravens by the author had a gorgeous cover too! I also received The Storm Crow, Beasts of the Frozen Sun and The Girl the Sea Gave back, all of which had gorgeous covers.
14. What books you you need to read by the end of the year?
Along with some other books in my ever-increasing TBR pile, I need to finish reading these two which I’ve been putting off for two long.
Anyone who’s reading this and hasn’t done this tag yet!
How many of the books in this post have you read or want to read? Any other books I should add to my TBR pile of 2019? If you’ve wrote a Mid-year Freak Out post, then feel free to drop your links in the comments below!!